The Fluval Spec V is a 5 gallon aquarium that boasts an integrated 3-stage filtration chamber. It provides a panoramic view for those who want to challenge their aquascaping talents.
|Product Name||Fluval Spec V|
|Item Dimensions||17.2 x 10.6 x 6.3 Inch|
It seems the LED it comes with is intended for low light plants only, which is what I would recommend planting.
When I first saw this tank on sale, I knew I had to have it. The Fluval line of aquariums suit the planted tank hobbyist’s needs well. I immediately saw the potential in aquascaping this tank.
I have always preferred a long aquarium vs a cubed aquarium. When aquascaping long aquariums, it’s easier to get a nice golden ratio which is appealing to the eye. I posted some of my tank pictures below of when I first planted it.
Fluval Spec V Features:
- Includes foam block, activated carbon and BioMax bio rings.
- 37 LED Lighting System suitable for live plants.
- Etched-glass tank with aluminum trim.
- Etched-glass conceals separate filtration chamber nicely.
- Longer design allows for more fish, more plants, more everything in comparison to it’s little brother the original Fluval Spec.
- Filter pump and filtration system are conveniently located in a separate chamber, staying unobtrusive to your aquascape.
- Lighting may not be strong but suitable enough for beginners that want to keep low light, low maintenance plants.
- Due to its light design, the light doesn’t stay exactly parallel to the aquarium top which may bother the perfectionist.
- Filter pump flow can be too strong to keep betta fish.
- Lid a little on the flimsy side.